About the Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour
The Auschwitz Birkenau Museum is the Nazi German concentration and extermination camp established and operated during World War II. It is the most recognizable symbol of terror and genocide in the world. Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour can be considered as a terrifying history lesson and despite the dark side of human nature was revealed so many years ago, the scale of the extermination process in the concentration camp is difficult to comprehend up to this date. Auschwitz is known mainly from the Holocaust and Jews who had been brought to the surrounding exterminations camps from all over Europe, nonetheless, the first prisoners were Polish, who were political prisoners. It is important to note, that murdered and incarcerated included also prisoners of over 20 nationalities.
Let us help with your visit to the Memorial Museum
Our door-to-door offer is dedicated to the visitors willing to visit Auschwitz Museum, but without sharing a ride in the crowded bus of the local group tour. Our private driver will be at your disposal during the time of your trip. Because sightseeing of Auschwitz I and Birkenau are divided into two parts, he is going to make sure you can get to visit each of the concentration camps, which are located about 3 kilometers from each other. Despite most of the buildings are accessible for visitors, some of them are under maintenance work and others act as administrative buildings. You can learn more about Auschwitz-Birkenau opening hours, tour duration and ticket options below.
Tour and tickets options
Regardless of the ticket option or so-called “Entry Pass” you book, the visit and tour in the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum take about 3 hours.
There are four ticket entry options:
- “Entry Pass for a tour without an Educator” allows you to visit the Auschwitz Museum free of charge
- “Entry Pass for Guided Tours” allows you to visit the Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum with a regular guided group tour in English or in other foreign languages – 75PLN/person
- For the most demanding visitors, it is recommended to visit the Auschwitz Birkenau Museum with an experienced private guide. If you are interested in such service you can e-mail us for more details
- It is also possible to get tickets after arriving at the Museum, however, due to an overwhelming interest during a high tourist season time, it is recommended to book tickets a few weeks, or even a few months in advance
“Entry Pass for a tour without an Educator” and “Entry Pass for Guided Tours” can be booked in advance on the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum’s official website, up to 5 days before the visit.
Regardless of the type of visit, the suggested pick-up time, from the hotel located in Krakow City center area, should be set about 1 hour 45 minutes before the start of the tour shown on your Entry Pass.
Opening hours in the Auschwitz Museum
The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum is open all year long, seven days a week with the exception of: January 1, December 25, and Easter Sunday.
On January 27th you can expect inconvenience due to the anniversary of the liberation of the camp and in late April, due to the March of the Living.
The Auschwitz museum is open to the visitors at the following times
You can start the visit in the following hours*:
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM December
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM January, November
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM February
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM March, October
- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM April, May, September
- 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM June, July, August
* These are the hours of entrance to the Museum. A visitor may stay on the site of the Museum 90 minutes after the last entrance hour (i.e. 5.30 in February or 8.30 in July)
Auschwitz Birkenau tour, including commuting from Krakow and back, takes approximately 7 hours. Because we offer private service we can adjust pick up time from the hotel to your needs, so you can visit the Memorial Museum when it is the most convenient for you.
What to wear during Auschwitz Birkenau Tour
Please, take note that it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes during the tour because the tour in the Museum consists of about 3 hours of walking around the two camps: Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II Birkenau. In the wintertime, it is recommended to wear warm clothing, due to the fact, that part of the tour takes place outdoors. In the summertime you should be prepared for heavy sun and lack of shade in some parts of the Memorial Museum.
Pricing for our private transportation service
Many visitors wonder how much they are going to pay for traveling to the Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum. Booking our private transportation service in advance, for the rate indicated beforehand, gives you the advantage of having the best price-to-quality ratio service without hidden cost. So-called Auschwitz door-to-door chauffeur service is a good solution for people who want to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum without stress related to the ride to the site. You can contact us directly via e-mail, so we could reply to you as soon as possible with the detailed pricing.
Local tours or private transportation service
We offer private transportation service to the Auschwitz Birkenau Museum, what we mean by it is that our vehicle with a driver is assigned to your booking solely. It is not a shuttle local tour service, where participants from more than one booking are sharing a ride in one vehicle on the way to the Auschwitz Birkenau Museum.
Our private service vs. Bus vs. Train
Despite being cheap, traveling by bus or train can be exhausting. Public transport also has its cons such as the risk of being delayed, slow and crowded. What is more train or bus doesn’t pick you up from the entrance to your hotel, so before you commute you have to walk to the bus or train stop. Booking our private door-to-door transportation service for the Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour can help you save your time and stress because after being welcomed by our driver you would go directly to Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum.
Our driver is going to welcome you at your hotel’s lobby or another pick-up location of your choice. After arriving at the Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial Museum, our driver is going to show you where the main entrance to each Camp and most important facilities are located. He will also help you with finding your guide if you have pre-booked tickets for your tour. We provide private ground transportation services the important historical sites located in Poland since the year 2000 and we can guarantee that the journey from your location to the Memorial Museum is going to be as safe and comfortable as possible.
Our private transportation service to the Auschwitz-Birkenau includes:
- Door-to-door service, with the pick up from your hotel or accommodation
- Premium transportation in the highly equipped vehicle (Mercedes-Benz E-class, BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz V-class)
- Service provided by English-speaking driver, helpful and courageous to meet your needs
- A safe and comfortable ride from your hotel to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and back
- 3 hours of waiting at the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- All parking, fuel and toll charges are included
- Free Wifi on-board (when requested)
- Bottle of mineral water for each passenger (when requested)
Due to a wide range of vehicles in our company’s fleet, such as limousines, minivans, and coaches, we can provide reliable door-to-door services to all kinds of visitors: solo travelers, families, groups of friends, as well as to travel agencies organizing trips to their clients.
After booking our service you can be sure that you will be picked up by one of our experienced English-speaking drivers in the high-class vehicles of your choice, such as Mercedes-Benz: E-class, S-class, V-class, Vito, Sprinter, BMW 5-series, Iveco Rosero and Scania coach.
Since our fleet consists of brand-new, air-conditioned, comfortable vehicles, which are subjected to the regular and rigorous technical inspections, and our passion is to deliver great quality transportation service, it would be our pleasure to provide Krakow Airport transfer service to you, so you can experience our unique Polish hospitality at its best.
Our advantages and priorities:
- We do not share a car for the local excursions. A car with a driver is assigned to your booking only.
- We do not make tight schedules for our drivers, so no need for a rush.
- We do provide service only in new and properly maintained vehicles.
- Your safety is our top priority.
Any additional questions?
Auschwitz -Birkenau Museum is 80 kilometers away from the Krakow City Centre.
The route takes approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.
Yes, ATM is available and is located by the main building of the Auschwitz Memorial Museum.